A high net worth separation and divorce typically can be a more intricate process than what you would encounter during a typical divorce. Even though the conventional emotions associated with any divorce is going to be there, a high end divorce is usually a difficult process for both parties. This is really because entities at night two spouses and children often could happen.
These range from:
* Tax-deffered and pension accounts that are unique including SEP-IRA, Keough and pension plans
* High end or customized insurance policies have to be allocated
* Stock shares, company equity and limited partnerships and living trusts and traditional estate planning instruments must be allocated
* Stock options, golden parachutes, and similar corporate executive benefits has to be allocated
* Unique property which can’t get divided should get allocated including rare works of art, collectibles, gold and silver, vintage cars and vacation or investment properties
* Current prenuptial agreements as well as helping you with post-nuptial agreements
* How your family business can easily still run set up two primary owners/partners are receiving divorced
* Many other special assets or situations have to get addressed in any kind of property division
Also, the well being and future of your family members has to be addressed including:
* Child custody and any visitation rights
* Care for elderly family
* Spousal support
* Modifying child support should one spouse possess a significant increase or decline in wealth and/or income during the following years
* Education for your kids
* Lots of other topics regarding the law as well as your loved ones
Think about looking for attorneys who may have years of experience handling high net worth divorces in your region. When you call that attorney you should be in a position to set an appointment to discuss your unique situation and also have the lawyers explain the property division laws as well as other family law associated with separation and divorce to your state.
The practice should be capable of assist with correct valuations of your respective assets, and so they can conduct research to discover hidden assets or any other assets (tangible or intangible) which may benefit you after the divorce is finalized. Ensure that the attorneys get accurate valuations as a way to increase the odds to give you a respectable outcome throughout the processes of property division, infant custody and visitation and also the other elements pertaining to high end divorce.